Go Back   The Palace Avatar Chat Community Forums. > Palace Planet > Planet Community

Planet Community The Palace Planet community forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2009, 05:38 AM
Palace User

staticextasy is on a distinguished road
Quote: Originally Posted by theturtle32 View Post
Hm. sounds like there's still interest in a linux version of the palace. I'm the developer of OpenPalace, a rather fully-featured web-based Flash client, way beyond the capabilities of LinPal. Because of some bugs in the Flash Player for Linux, it doesn't work on that platform, however. At some point I've been thinking of doing an Adobe Air release, which will run as a desktop application in Linux. I have done test builds for Air in the past, and they work perfectly on Linux. Let me know if any of you are interested in such a thing!

Cheers,
Brian
Sounds neat but, i'm actually not interested in all the EXTRA features that other people may want, i don't care for a lot of "cool" avatars, nor do i really need all the special effects, i just simply get on to chat. Linpal does the job for now.
Old 02-05-2010, 02:32 PM
Palace User

vsharma72 is on a distinguished road
thanks for posting the info and link, just a small plug: there is a upload option in the files section. Anyone with Palace related files or links can post them there if they want. Enough space and bandwidth to host everything :)

Old 02-26-2010, 07:36 PM
Palace User

3esmit is on a distinguished road
Hello, you can download the PalaceChat and run it under wine.
Zip version if installer fails: http://ee.fastpalaces.com/nightly_bu...at-WINDOWS.zip
Pawn adapted the client to be fullworking with wine. Check it out, you will love it. Also its not heavy, its a light client that runs smooth under wine.
Old 02-27-2010, 08:43 PM
Palace User

Arwym is on a distinguished road
As a full-time Linux user, I am very interested in Linux support for OpenPalace, Brian. Just yesterday, I was trying to use OP on my laptop, which OS is precisely Ubuntu Linux. I am a Palace owner as well, so I really need a client. In fact, I am being limited because of the little support there is for Linux platforms, so anything I can do to change that, I would be happy to try. :)

Also, my plan is to make OpenPalace the official or preferred client to access my server. It will be aimed at newcomers, people who have never even heard of The Palace before. And of course, it would be ideal to make my server accessible to everybody, no matter what platform they use.

3esmit: I thank you so much for that link to the PalaceChat download. It ran with no problems with Wine. I'm finally able to visit Palaces and go on Operator mode in my server. The program is truly great. The features it currently has are enough for what I intend to do, I think. (I love the tabs feature. It rules, lol.) I might as well suggest this client for now, since I gave up on Phalanx.

Last edited by Arwym; 02-27-2010 at 11:42 PM.